Lead Software Engineer
SteelSeries is looking for a lead software engineer to help develop world class gaming products. We are looking for someone that can make a huge impact on our product development, has experience architecting and developing desktop and web applications, and has a serious passion for technology and product development.
Why should you work here:
- Love what you do – This isn’t some B2B app or SaaS targeted at an industry you have no real interest in. This is a consumer product for gamers and part of the gaming industry. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or something related – you will love it here.
- Many cool technical problems to solve – The software group is really small and rapidly growing. This is a ground floor opportunity and you will be able to architect software from scratch. You won’t be inheriting crap and spending your life fixing small bugs.
- Make an impact – We are a small company, so if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis – this is your place. Describing the software team as a “startup like” environment is pretty accurate. However, unlike most startups, we have been in business 10 years and are growing rapidly – so the funding is there for software initiatives. Yes – the office will have heat.
- Be part of Product Development – We are a flat organization and everyone has chances to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market. Whether you are in packaging, software, sales, support, or category management your feedback is welcomed and taken seriously.
What we are looking for in our Lead Software Engineer:
- Expertise in C#
- Expertise in windows development – developing both desktop applications and services to communicate with devices and servers
- Expertise in web development (preferably some flavor of MVC)
- Expertise in developing Web Services
- Strong database experience (MS SQL Server, SQLite)
- Experience with developing Consumer facing applications (Web, Desktop, or both)
- Experience with Agile development methodology
It would be really cool if you had this as well:
- Experience with C and/or C++
- Experience with Mac OS Development (Objective-C)
- Experience in Kernel Level Driver Development (WDF and WDM)
- Experience working with USB and HID devices
- Knowledge of developing system services and device drivers
- Experience working with engineers and third parties in different time zones
- Proficiency with modern installers: MSI, NSIS, etc. Ability to create a highly customized installer with multiple dependencies
Our product technology ecosystem is huge – from hardware to firmware, kernel drivers to thick clients and all the way to web development and web services. Our software engineers will touch most or all aspects of the technology stack. You will be expected to help innovate, ideate, and build proof of concepts. You have an opportunity to help engineer our products – products that gamers use and love.
As the technical lead, you will be responsible for architecting applications, participating actively in the development, and mentoring a team of engineers. You have the opportunity to design and build applications from scratch.
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
- You are smart, inquisitive and can get stuff done.
- You want to make a huge impact and love pushing the boundaries of product development.
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting (hopefully) on the shelf at your local Best Buy.
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment including wearing many hats and managing many things at any given time
Don’t apply if:
- You require strict organizational structure.
- You don’t like change.
- You think having autonomy in the work place is a bad thing.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome work place with some pretty cool people (well, most of us) who love gaming and technology.
Please apply online at: click here to apply
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.