Red, White and Dragon Co-Branded Headset, Mouse and QcK Mousepads Ready For Game Launch
CHICAGO – August 28, 2012 – SteelSeries the leading manufacturer of premium-quality, competitive gaming peripherals, today announced along with the launch of the game, the Guild Wars 2® co-branded headset, mouse and mousepads are now available online in the SteelSeries Web Shop. The available product line-up includes:
The Guild Wars 2® Gaming Headset – $99.99 / €99.99
With a slim-profile, on-ear design, the headset exemplifies the iconic Guild Wars 2 look and feel with red ear cushions made of a mesh, SNDBlock material that delivers superbly engineered in-game sound via its 40mm driver units. In addition, the headset also features:
• A matte white headband with glossy white, red, and black logo design on the outer ear plates
• A travel-friendly design allows the earcups to fold inward and lay flat when wearing the headset around the neck; it also collapses at the earcup hangers for quick and compact storage
• A red 3.5mm PC cable connection with an in-line, omni-directional microphone and mute controls for gaming and online chat.
• 2 input jacks – one on each side of the headset – which allows for two user options: to choose which side the microphone cable can be plugged into, and the ability to “daisy chain” or plug in another headset so that multiple users can listen to the game at once
The Guild Wars 2® Gaming Mouse – $69.99 / €69.99
The design aesthetics of the Guild Wars 2 Gaming Mouse were as important to the designers as the hardware features. The dynamic white, red, and black dragon icon is synonymous with the game, evoking the artistry of the Guild Wars 2 in-game world. The mouse features:
• A rubberized soft-touch, hand-sweat resistant coating
• Red illumination and up to 4 different levels of pulsation options can be adjusted at the scroll wheel, CPI toggle light and the Guild Wars 2 logo
• Best-in-class hardware switches and pro-grade laser sensor ranging up to 5,700 CPI
• An ambidextrous, all-grip design with 7 programmable buttons
• SteelSeries Engine software providing users with the ability to create macros and utilize pre-defined profiles for Guild Wars 2 as well as create and store an unlimited amount of profiles
• XL-size high-performance UPE material feet for a smooth, consistent glide
• 2m / 6.5ft red rubber cord
Guild Wars 2® QcK Mousepads – $14.99 / €14.99
The Guild Wars 2 QcK Mousepads have non-slip rubber bases to keep from moving and optimized texture surfaces for a smooth and consistent glide. The SteelSeries QcK Guild Wars 2 Logo Edition features the red, white, and black dragon logo while the SteelSeries QcK Guild Wars 2 Logan Edition and the SteelSeries QcK Guild Wars 2 Eir Edition each feature an image of the iconic human and norn heroes from the game.
Guild Wars 2® Gaming Keyboard
More details about the Guild Wars 2 branded keyboard design as well as hardware and software features will be released closer to its availability in Q1 2013.
For more details of the full product line-up of SteelSeries’ Guild Wars 2 Peripherals please visit http://steelseries.com/guildwars2 and be sure to follow SteelSeries’ social media communities on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. *
NCsoft, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games, including the critically acclaimed Aion®, Lineage®, Guild Wars, and City of Heroes® franchises. NCsoft West is a division of NCsoft that holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America, and Australia/New Zealand. More information can be found at http://www.ncsoft.com.
About Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars® 2 is a visually stunning MMO that will offer players the epic grandeur of a massive role playing environment combined with innovative combat mechanics, dynamic events, and customised personal storytelling. Building on the success of Guild Wars, NCsoft and game developer ArenaNet™ are creating an MMO that lets gamers play the way they want, while at the same time retaining the no-subscription-fee business model that made the original Guild Wars so popular. For more information about Guild Wars 2, visit www.GuildWars2.com.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of top quality gaming peripherals from headsets, keyboards, and mice to controllers, surfaces, and software. For more than a decade, SteelSeries has been on the forefront of designing and creating gear for competitive gamers. The company’s continued innovation also comes in collaboration with the world’s leading professional gaming teams and partners. SteelSeries is a global brand that continues to support the growth of competitive gaming tournaments and electronic sports leagues through professional team sponsorships, partnerships, and community support. For more information, please visit http://steelseri.es.
PR for SteelSeries